After a successful initial scholarship opportunity in 2015, Iron Security is proud to announce a new $500 college scholarship in 2016 to assist a deserving college student who is looking forward to or is currently attending college.
Who Can Apply for the Iron Security College Scholarship?
At this time our scholarship is open only to college-bound HS seniors and students enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program at a college or university located in the United States. You can apply for the Iron Security College Scholarship if you:
- Are a United States citizen or a permanent legal resident of the U.S.
- (1) Are a full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level degree program at an accredited college or university or
- (2) Are a high school senior planning to attend college in Fall 2016.
- Have a current grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
- Are NOT an employee of or related to an employee of Iron Security.
Iron Security College Scholarship Blog Essay Requirements & How to Apply
To apply for the Iron Security College Scholarship, please write an original blog post on the following question:
In the home security business, protecting the things you love and hold dear are the most important. Here at Iron Security, we’d like to know: What is the one tangible item in the entire world you would protect at all costs?
- Create an original blog post of at least 500 words, but no more than 1,000 words in length on any blog or website by the application deadline date (see below). Special consideration will be given to candidates who include interactive media (photos, videos, etc) in their posts.
- In the body of the blog post, include a link back to the official Iron Security website (www.ironsecurity.com).
- Once you have completed these steps, complete the form below
Iron Security Submission Form
Thank you for your submission!
We will be in contact with you once all the submissions have been received and we've had a chance to review them.
2016 Iron Security Blog Scholarship Deadline
To be eligible to win the 2016 $500 Iron Security College Scholarship, you must submit your application to email@example.com using your official school email address* before the deadline of 11:59PM on May 31st, 2016. Please include your name and “Scholarship Application” in the email subject line and include the following information in the content of your email:
- Your first and last name
- Your degree program and expected graduation year
- A valid phone number and email address where you can be reached
- The full name of your high school, university or college
- The URL address where your application essay is published
Contest Winner Selection & Announcement:
Applications will be judged on the originality and creativity of their blog essay by a select panel of judges. Essays must solely be the work of the entrant. Late applications, plagiarized essays and applicants who do not follow all application requirements as listed on this page will be automatically disqualified. Posts with proper spelling, grammar and punctuation will receive special consideration, as will students who publish their essays on free student webpage services hosted by their school.
The scholarship winner will be selected by a panel of judges following a thorough review of all entries submitted. The review process will begin immediately following the application deadline. We will link to the winning essay on this page and notify the winner directly within 4-6 weeks of the application deadline.
The Iron Security College Scholarship winner will be awarded a one-time $500 scholarship to be made payable (via US mail or Direct Deposit by PayPal) to the accredited university or directly to the winner as designated by the applicant after the application deadline (May 31st, 2016). The scholarship award must be applied to school expenses (including but not limited to tuition, books, fees and on-campus housing fees) during the 2016-2017 school year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions, comments and inquiries about the 2016 Iron Security College Scholarship.